Friday, February 24, 2012

Warmup Jackets

cuban-baseball-team-unbeaten-in-warm-up-2009-03-04.jpg

As I prepare (with my 11 year old) for his first travel baseball tournament of the season this weekend, I experience the excitement in his heart.  I watch him pack his new uniform with his last name and number on both sides of the jersey, the new warm-up jackets by Akadema (very sharp I must add) and I see his eyes light up, as he anticipated the first pitch of the season.   These warm up jackets are a nice addition to any uniform, they consist of team logo on the front as well as each individual number on the right sleeve.  No name because baseball is about the team and not one individual player.  They really tie the entire uniform together and when the boys are on the field pre-game warm up they really look like professionals.  It's a joy to witness.   Like I always say if you want to play like a professional you have to first start with appearance.  If you do not represent yourself as a ball player than you will not be respected as well regardless of any age group.  Actually it starts early on in youth baseball.  It's up to us as parents, coaches/leaders to teach this and lead by example.  Play the part and dress as a ball player and represent you team /town proudly on the field, I guarantee you will impress the opponent and have them talking long after the final out.    

No comments:

Post a Comment